Pier Nirandara is a bestselling author, Hollywood film producer, and underwater photographer from Bangkok, Thailand. She began her career as the youngest English-writing Thai author of three #1 national bestselling novels with over 200,000 copies sold in multiple languages. As an avid proponent for solo female travel, Pier has visited over 90 countries across 7 continents. She is the founder of Hollywood Sharks, the industry’s first scuba diving club, and leads underwater photography expeditions to swim with marine wildlife, hoping to utilize storytelling to bring attention to fragile ecosystems and conservation efforts. She currently splits her time between Bangkok, Los Angeles and Cape Town.
"To utilize storytelling for change, and empower diverse voices in the conservation of our fragile marine environment."
- Thailand’s youngest English-writing author of three #1 national bestselling novels, multiple graphic novels and short stories with over 200,000 copies sold in multiple languages
- Represented literary clients and book to film rights at ICM Partners, served as Director of Development for International Content at Sony’s Columbia Pictures, and most recently as VP of Film & TV at A-Major Media, Hollywood’s first Asian/Asian-American driven production company
- Speaker at TEDx events
- Literary brand ambassador for the Bangkok Metropolitan/UNESCO
- Recipient of the Outstanding Youth Award; shortlisted for the S.E.A. Write’s ASEAN Young Writers Award; included in the Thai Writers’ Hall of Fame and the Thai-American Friendship exhibit by the US Embassy and Tourism Authority of Thailand
- Judge for film and writing competitions at USC, UCLA, and the Neilson Hays Library