PADI AWARE Mission Hub Community Grants: Funding Criteria
Funding Cycles 2021/2022
The PADI AWARE Mission Hub Community Grants are open to funding projects that align with PADI’s Blueprint for Ocean Action. Grantees will be selected throughout the year based on conservation need, community feedback and budget.
Funding Cycle (0121)
- Application Window Open: November 29, 2021
- Final Deadline for Application: December 17, 2021
- Notifications sent by: January 31, 2022
- Funding Agreements Due: February 15, 2022
- Funding Distributed by: February 28, 2022
Funding Cycle (0222)
- Application Window Opens: April 1, 2022
- Final Deadline for Applications: April 22, 2022
- Notifications sent by: May 31, 2022
- Funding Agreements Due: June 15, 2022
- Funding Disbursed by: June 30, 2022
Funding Cycle (0322)
- Application Window Opens: October 1, 2022
- Final Deadline for Applications: October 22, 2022
- Notifications: November 30, 2022
- Funding Agreements Due: December 15, 2022
- Funding Disbursed by: December 31, 2022
Grants will be awarded to ocean protection initiatives and projects that directly advance the PADI Blueprint for Ocean Action, in direct support of the United Nations Decade of Science for Sustainable Development. Project proposals should focus on the following areas.
- Marine Debris
- Vulnerable Species Protection
- Coral Reefs
- Climate Change
- Marine Protected Areas
Organizational Funding Criteria
PADI AWARE Foundation is open to funding non-profit ocean conservation related organizations and/or PADI Dive Centers.
The Foundation will not consider applications from individuals, government agencies, or non-PADI dive centers. Non-profit ocean conservation organizations must have an annual budget of less than 1 million USD. PADI AWARE Foundation is also limited by U.S. Governmental regulations and sanctions.
Each proposal will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Ability to meet project goal and objectives
- Clearly defined need and plans with measurable outcomes
- Organizational capacity and experience
Outcome Measures: All grantees are expected, as part of their funding agreement, to provide a report on the outcomes of the agreed upon project at the end of the funding cycle. The PADI AWARE Foundation will provide a template for all reporting.
Due Date: The final project report will be due within 1 month of the end of the project. Please refer to the Funding Agreement for specific information.
Submission Process: Your organization will receive an email from the PADI AWARE Grants Department prior to the due date with instructions and the link to complete an on-line Outcome Measurements Report form.
Please do not send in the form via email.
How to Apply
All potential applicants will be required to complete an initial Eligibility Quiz. If your organization meets the requirements of the Eligibility Quiz you will be sent an email with a link to the application.
The application must be completed in its entirety and submitted with a project budget online with the link that is provided to you. No applications will be accepted via email. For your convenience please see the links below for a copy of the application and budget worksheet. We encourage you to use the budget worksheet to create your project budget and upload it to the application portal (the file is view only, please download as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet).
If your organization is granted funds through this process you will receive an email notification along with a Funding Agreement.
The Funding Agreement must be signed by an authorized representative of the organization and returned to the PADI AWARE Foundation within the provided time frame.
Donate to PADI AWARE Foundation
Help us fund more local communities.