Shark Conservationist / PADI Divemaster
Shark conservationist Jillian Morris has combined a background in science and media to educate students around the world about sharks. She is a marine biologist who has filmed and photographed for The Discovery Channel, BBC, National Geographic, Ocean Geographic, Animal Planet and more; and has worked as a researcher and naturalist in Australia, California, the Bahamas, Florida and the Dutch Caribbean. Jillian is unabashedly obsessed with sharks and doing everything she can to save them. “It is my mission to create the next generation of shark advocates through education, outreach and adventure,” she says.
Sebec Village, Maine
- Founder and President of Sharks4Kids, Inc.
- Dutch Caribbean Tiger Shark Research Expedition: Co-Principle Investigator
- PADI Divemaster
- Named Scuba Diving magazine Ocean Hero, July 2016
- Published her first children’s book, Norman the Nurse Shark
- Developed Sharks4Kids and Seacamp Shark STEM program for girls
- Sharks4Kids becomes a Mission Blue partner
- Education coordinator for PEW Shark Symposiums and Shark Weeks in Dutch Caribbean and the Bahamas
- Research assistant for Shark Bay Ecosystem Research Project
- Filmed for BBC Shark Series
- Filmed for Animal Planet’s Whale Wars
- Dive guide and naturalist in Tiger Beach, the Bahamas, and Farallon Islands, California, USA
- Ocean Geographic feature