In 1998, Siraj earned his PADI Open Water Diver certification, and became a PADI Scuba Instructor five years later. He’s an underwater photographer and videographer who professes to “love sharks a little bit more than humans.” (Make a pass through Siraj’s social posts, and you’ll see his connection to sharks). Last year, Siraj established his own NGO, Marine Exploration & Research (MER). Siraj currently resides at Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll, Maldives, one of three of his PADI 5 Star Dive Center locations.
"I want to connect people to the ocean through my pictures and videos."
- Established my own NGO this year, Marine Exploration & Research (MER)
- Featured on Discovery Channel "Chasing Ocean Giants"
- Featured on Natgeo/ Disney Plus "Welcome to Earth"
- Opened my own PADI 5 Star Dive Centers in Reethi Beach Resort, Kuda Viligili Resort and Azalea Cruise In Maldives
- Worked with BBC on Blue Planet 2 project