Growing up in California, Taylor was fascinated by the ocean but scared of sharks. After learning about shark finning in college, Taylor began focusing her efforts on shark conservation. She now lives on the island of Oahu in Hawaii – where freediving has powerfully changed her life. As a professional photographer and an ambassador with One Ocean Diving, she works to spread awareness about the importance of shark conservation and ocean preservation.
In 2020, Taylor encountered more than 10 different species of sharks while exploring the underwater world, and reached a 3-minute static breath-hold. “As a PADI AmbassaDiver, I hope to use my platform and talents to continue spreading awareness about shark conservation, sharing the beauty of the ocean, and inspiring people to care about the ocean by seeing it in a way they maybe have yet to experience,” Taylor says.
“As a PADI AmbassaDiver, I hope to use my platform and talents to continue spreading awareness about shark conservation, sharing the beauty"
- Earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications and Marketing.
- Freelance photographer and videographer, above and below the surface.
- Worked on a video called Ocean Shepherds in collaboration with Corona and Cobian Dewey, to spread awareness about the Maomana Foundation in Tahiti - making a difference for shark and ocean tour companies.
- Ambassador for One Ocean Diving.
- Encountered more than 10 different species of sharks in 2020.
- Reached a 3 minute static breath hold in less than a year of freediving.