For technical divers, using a sidemount configuration is becoming more common and it certainly is convenient for traveling, especially to locations where backmount isn’t available. As a Tec Sidemount Instructor, you can teach the advantages of sidemount diving to tec divers or introduce scuba divers to tec diving with the Tec Sidemount Diver course.
To enroll in a Tec Sidemount Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be a Tec 45 Diver
Prior to sending in your Tec Sidemount Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a PADI Tec Instructor or higher rating
- Be a PADI Tec Sidemount Diver
- Have logged at least 20 technical sidemount dives including 10 with three or more cylinders
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Sidemount Instructor Trainer.
If you aren’t a certified Tec Sidemount Diver, then your Tec Sidemount Instructor course will include the entire Tec Sidemount Diver course. You’ll not only get to practice all the skills, but will also get the chance to present knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching segments. Your Tec Sidemount Instructor Trainer will make sure you’re ready to teach the course and also provide ideas for organizing and marketing your tec sidemount courses.