When One Tank is Not Enough
Technical diving is a growing market and the demand for qualified PADI TecRec Instructors continues to increase. If you’re a PADI Professional who is into tec diving and want to join the tec pro ranks, earning aTec Instructor rating is the first step; here are a few more:
- As a Tec Deep Instructor, you can teach the full range of deep open-circuit technical diving courses including Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 Diver courses.
- Tec Trimix Instructors can offer any of the Tec Deep Diver level courses and can also teach Trimix 65 and Trimix Diver courses.
- Becoming a Tec Sidemount Instructor is a natural progression for TecRec Instructors who want to integrate sidemount use into their open-circuit technical diving courses.
- The Tec Gas Blender Instructor rating doesn’t have a tec diver certification requirement, but does require you to be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor and an experienced gas blender.
- Tec 40 CCR Instructor is the first instructor-level for teaching TecRec closed- circuit rebreather (CCR) courses. At this level, you can teach the Tec 40 CCR Diver course.
- Tec 60 CCR Instructors take the next step up and can teach both the Tec 40 CCR and Tec 60 CCR Diver courses
- Tec 100 CCR Instructors can teach all three Tec CCR Diver courses – 40, 60 and 100.
- If you’ve got special expertise, you can be authorized as a TecRec Specialty Instructor to offer distinctive specialty courses in technical diving. For example, some approved distinctive specialty courses include Cave Diver, Advanced Wreck Diver and Technical Rescue Diver.
As a TecRec Instructor, you’ll teach active divers the techniques for diving beyond recreational limits, using specialized equipment to manage the potential hazards of deeper depths, extended durations or long distances in overhead environments such as wrecks and caves. Keep in mind that most TecRec Instructor ratings require you to take an instructor training course from a qualified TecRec Instructor Trainer.
Check out what other pros are talking about on the TecRec blog.
Find a TecRec Instructor Trainer at a PADI Dive Center or Resort.