Diving beyond recreational depths with open-circuit technical gear has allowed tec divers to discover amazing wrecks and photograph never-before-seen organisms. Tec 50 Instructors develop tec divers to extended their range ready to take part in many types of tec exploration. When you earn this rating, you can conduct Discover Tec programs and teach the PADI Tec Basics, PADI Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 Diver courses. There is also an option to become a PADI Tec 50 Trimix Instructor.
To enroll in the Tec 50 Instructor course, you must meet these qualifications:
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or higher rating)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty Instructor
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor
- 25 EANx dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Tec 50 Diver
- 10 decompression dives wearing full technical equipment
Prior to sending in your Tec 50 Instructor application, you must have:
- Certified 25 divers: no more than five from courses without dives, no more than five from PADI Seal Team or Master Seal Team registrations
- 250 logged dives with 25 decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet
Meet one of the following:
- Completed a PADI Tec 50 Instructor course and have assisted with two PADI Tec 50 Diver courses, or one Tec 45 Diver and one Tec 50 Diver course.
- Have a qualifying tec instructor rating with another organization and:
- Be a PADI Tec 40 Instructor or have assisted with one Tec 40 Diver course or taught two qualifying courses
- Be a PADI Tec 45 Instructor or have assisted with one Tec 45 Diver course or taught two qualifying courses
- Have assisted with one Tec 50 Diver course or taught two qualifying courses
- Successfully completed the Tec 50 Instructor Exam within 12 months of application
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply - ask your Tec 50 Instructor Trainer.
Tec 50 Trimix Instructor Option
To become a Tec 50 Trimix Instructor, you must meet these qualifications:
- Complete all Tec 50 Instructor prerequisites and requirements
- Tec 50 Trimix Diver (or higher level trimix) certification
- Minimum of 10 trimix dives
- Successfully complete the Tec Diver Trimix Instructor Course and Exam
Teaching status: PADI Tec 50 Trimix Instructors are authorized to conduct Discover Tec programs and teach PADI Tec Basics, Tec 40, Tec 40 Trimix, Tec 45, Tec 45 Trimix, Tec 50 and Tec 50 Trimix Diver courses.
For information on other available languages please contact your PADI Dive Center.