CCRs (closed circuit rebreathers) are an emerging technology and the future of deep technical (tec) diving. Becoming a Tec 40 CCR Instructor puts you on the cutting edge and allows you to turn active scuba divers into enthusiastic tec divers. The Tec 40 CCR Instructor course is your entry into the ranks of Tec CCR professionals and qualifies you to conduct Discover Rebreather programs and teach the Tec 40 CCR Diver course.
To enroll in a Tec 40 CCR Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor
- Be a Tec 40 CCR Diver on the specific Type T CCR to be used in the course
- Have a minimum of 150 logged dives, with at least 100 dives and 100 hours on the specific Type T CCR to be used in the course
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Meet any additional manufacturer requirements
Through knowledge development, practical applications and inwater presentations, you'll sharpen your skills and learn how to adapt the Tec 40 CCR course to your local environment. The focus is on the specific Type T CCR you're using, but you can qualify on additional Type T CCRs through a shorter additional unit qualifying program. You'll also learn how to promote the Tec 40 CCR Diver course, which is key to getting a return on the time and money you've invested in reaching this level.
For information on other available languages please contact your PADI Dive Center.