Coral Reef Wakatobi

Save The Ocean



Humanity and the Ocean

Our vision is to achieve balance between humanity and the ocean.

We will do this by rallying millions of PADI Torchbearers - a global force for good that can be mobilized to restore ocean health and support our coastal communities around the world.

It will take all of us working together, united by our passion and armed with a clear plan of action to turn the dial towards a healthy future for people and planet.



How We're Protecting the Ocean

Citizen Science 2
Citizen Science and Marine Research

We are the world's largest underwater citizen science movement. We collect critical data to advance marine research on the key threats to the ocean. 

Adopt A Dive Site

We are a global network of 6600 PADI dive centers, protecting the dive sites we love by engaging in ongoing monitoring of our underwater playgrounds. 

Mako 2

We have influence at the policy table, advancing campaigns that support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by the United Nations in 2015.



Over the next 10-years, the PADI Blueprint for Ocean Action will work to:





Whales shallow blue

Help Save the Ocean. Become a PADI Torchbearer.

Logo Clear






Current PADI Torchbearer Campaigns

Make Time for Makos
Goal: Reverse Shark & Ray Population Decline
Make Time for Makos

The world’s fastest shark is the poster child for overfishing in the Atlantic. Unsustainable fishing continues to threaten Mako populations. 

WAOO 30x30
Goal: Designate 2500+ Marine Protected Areas
We Are One Ocean 30x30

The 30x30 petition calls to fully and highly protect at least 30% of the ocean and strengthen conservation in the remaining 70% by 2030.

The SeaGrass Grow
Goal: Restore Blue Carbon Ecosystems
Blue Carbon

Through our partnership with The Ocean Foundation, we help to restore seagrass and mangroves, ecosystems that support millions of marine species. 

Goal: Achieve Marine Debris Reduction
Every Dive a Survey Dive

Join the largest citizen science movement on the planet. Grab your mesh bag, scuba gear and data card to make #EveryDiveaSurveyDive. 





Whale 2

Donate to AWARE Foundation

All of our work is made possible by generous donors like you.



Darkened beach

PADI Pillars of Change

PADI empowers divers to become ocean stewards by supporting critical social and environmental efforts.