Zandile Ndhlovu is a Freediving Instructor and the founder of The Black Mermaid Foundation, an organization seeking to create diverse representation in the ocean arena. Zandile’s work centers around creating the first encounter that exposes the youth to the ocean. As an ocean conservationist, diversity and inclusion specialist, and avid speaker and storyteller, she uses these skills to advocate for diversely represented and inclusive oceans while working to reshape incomplete narratives. Zandile is a change agent, passionate about human potential being the critical currency that creates the worlds we want to live in while focusing on the collective ability to bring change.
África do Sul
"To create diversity in Diving and Ocean spaces thus building a new generation of Ocean guardians."
- Cape Union Mart Adventure Film Challenge Aspiring Film Maker Category Winner
- Torchbearer Award 2021
- Ted X Speaker
- Invite to the Seychelles to share on Diversifying Ocean Spaces and creating access to the Blue Ocean Economy for the Youth.
- Jackson Wild Film Making Fellow 2021
- Nature Environment and Wildlife Film Maker Fellow 2021 - Underwater Cinematography Lab
- Corona Brand Creator & Free Range Humans
- The First Black African Freediving Instructor in South Africa