PADI Master Scuba Diver™ Challenge
This PADI Master Scuba Diver™ Challenge (the “Challenge”) is sponsored by PADI Worldwide Corp located 30151 Tomas, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 92688, USA.
The PADI Master Scuba Diver™ Challenge (“Challenge”) is open to all current certified PADI Divers ages 12 and above who, during the Challenge promotion period (1 August – 31 December 2019) (the “Contest Period”), have earned their PADI Master Scuba Diver or Junior Master Scuba Diver™ Ratings. *All Master Scuba Diver applications must be received and processed no later than 11.59pm PST January 10, 2020 to qualify*. Employees and family members of employees of PADI Worldwide Corp. and all related and affiliated companies, globally, prize providers and other persons involved in the Challenge are not eligible for the Challenge or a chance to enter to win any prize offered. Challenge is void where restricted or otherwise prohibited by law. Entrants under the age of 18 years of age must have their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) consent to be declared a winner.
The 1,200th diver under the PADI Americas Regional Headquarter (must be resident from the U.S, Canada, Latin America or Caribbean only), with a PADI Master Scuba Diver certification issued during the Challenge Promotion Period (the “PADI Americas Winning Diver”). All PADI Master Scuba Divers certified in PADI Americas Regional Headquarter region during the Promotion Period will have the chance to enter to win a dive vacation for two adults and two kids (age 15 and under) to Jamaica (Ocho Rios or Negril) or Turks & Caicos.
The 1,000th diver under the PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa Regional Headquarter (must be resident from Europe, Middle East, Egypt, Maldives or Africa only), with a PADI Master Scuba Diver certification issued during the Challenge Promotion Period (the “PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa Winning Diver”). All PADI Master Scuba Divers certified in the PADI Europe, Middle East and Africa Regional Headquarter region during the Promotion Period will have the chance to enter to win a dive vacation for two to the Maldives.
The 800th diver under the PADI Asia Pacific Regional Headquarter (must be resident from Asia, Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific Islands only) with a PADI Master Scuba Diver certification issued during the Challenge Promotion Period (the “Asia Pacific Winning Diver”). All PADI Master Scuba Divers certified in the PADI Asia Pacific Regional Headquarter region during the Promotion Period will have the chance to enter to win a dive vacation for two to Thailand.
General Rules and Conditions
By participating in the Challenge, each eligible entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules. Each winner and their travelling guest/s, will be required to sign and complete a Publicity Release and Affidavit of Eligibility or a Declaration of Compliance (a parent or legal guardian will have to sign on behalf of anyone under the age of 18) and return it to PADI within 30 days of notification. If a potential winner from the PADI Master Scuba Divers certified in PADI Americas Regional Headquarter region is a Canadian resident, he/she will also be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason PADI will award the applicable prize to an alternate eligible entrant from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering the Challenge, each winner gives PADI and its affiliate companies a non-exclusive, worldwide, unlimited right and license to use the winner’s name, pictures, likenesses, and testimonials for the purpose of advertising and publicity for the Challenge and for any other purpose PADI and its affiliate companies deem appropriate, without compensation and where permitted by law.
Such use may include but is not limited to PADI’s YouTube Channel and related scuba YouTube Channels, PADI Pro Blog/Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, padi.com, Dear Fellow Diver™, and press releases.
All taxes, including but not limited to local, state and federal taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. No substitution of prize is permitted. PADI’s decision and selection of the Winners shall be final and binding. Winning and acceptance of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Winners will be notified by telephone and email at the number and email address provided. PADI is not responsible for lost, misdirected or postage-due mail. PADI is not responsible for any late, incomplete or illegible entries.
For a copy of the official Challenge rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: PADI, 30151 Tomas, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 92688, USA.
How to Enter
Enroll and complete the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating during the Challenge Promotion Period. Then be eligible to enter the chance to win one of the stated vacation prizes.
The prize for the PADI Americas Winning Diver under the PADI Americas Regional Headquarter is a Luxury Included® Vacation for two (2) adults and two (2) kids (age 15 and under) to Beaches® Resorts subject to the prizing Terms and Conditions details below for the PADI Americas Winning Diver and the PADI Americas Winning Diver’s guest(s). (A minor Winning Diver must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.) If it is determined by any country that taxes are due on the receipt of the PADI Americas prize, any such taxes will be solely the responsibility of the winner of the prize. Unique Travel Corp, the Beaches Resorts prize provider and PADI will have no responsibility whatsoever for payment of any such taxes due.
PADI Americas Prizing Terms & Conditions
Unique Travel, Corp the worldwide representative for Beaches Resort will provide:
- One (1) prize consisting of a four (4)-day/three (3)-night Luxury Included® vacation for two (2) adults and two (2) children age 15 and under to any of the three Beaches Resorts located in Turks & Caicos or Jamaica. (Airfare is not provided by Unique Travel, Corp.) These Beaches Resorts include:
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, Negril, Jamaica
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Estimated Retail Value = $4,500 USD
Please note carefully the following conditions apply to the PADI Americas Beaches Resorts prize:
- Beaches Resorts is a Luxury Included® resort destination. The Beaches Vacation prize will include accommodations (one room – quad occupancy for 2 adults and 2 children [age 15 and under]), all meals, unlimited premium liquors, daily & nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including daily scuba diving (for certified divers), snorkeling, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, access to the Xbox Play Lounge and Kids Camps, resort taxes, resort gratuities, and Beaches transfers to and from the resort designated airport.
- Telephone calls, Premium Wi-Fi, Red Lane® Spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, nanny services, island departure taxes and purchases made at the Beaches Specialty Shops are not included.
- Unique Travel Corp. is the Beaches Resorts Vacation prize provider in the Promotion.
- Airfare is not provided by Unique Travel, Corp. PADI Americas will cover the price of airfare up to $1,000 US per person.
- Beaches Vacation Prize must be redeemed for travel within one year from the promotion end (31 December 2019) and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the Beaches Vacation prize has expired. If the Beaches Vacation prize is not redeemed, the prize will be void.
- The Beaches Vacation prize is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. Beaches Resorts reserves the right to relocate any confirmed prizewinner from their resort of choice to an alternate resort within the resort’s chain based upon availability of space for the secured travel dates.
- Reservations will not be confirmed until 30 days prior to the selected travel date.
- The Beaches Vacation prize will be issued in the form of a prize certificate and will be issued in the name of the parent or legal guardian if the winner is under the age of 18.
- Prize winner will comply with all the rules and regulations of the Promotion, and he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion.
- Prize winner, his/her heirs, executors, or administrators waive and release any and all rights, claims, and causes of action whatsoever he/she may have against the Prize Provider now or in the future arising out of his/her participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance and utilization of the Prize that he/she has won, or the exercise of any rights granted herein.
PADI Asia Pacific
The prize for the Winning Diver under the PADI Asia Pacific Regional Headquarter is a dive vacation trip for two (2) people to Ban’s Diving Resort. The details below will be provided for the Winning Diver and Winning Diver’s guest. (A minor Winning Diver must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.) PADI Asia Pacific will cover the price of airfare up to $1,000 US per person.
- 7 Nights Hotel Deluxe Hilltop Accommodation (2 pax)
- High Speed Catamaran Island Transfers to/from Koh Samui
- Welcome Island Cocktail & Orientation
- Save Koh Tao Eco-Gift Bag
- Full Meal Plan (3 meals daily)
- Two Tank Boat Dives (6 days)
- 2 Single Tank Boat Night Dives
- Full rental dive equipment package
- Pool Check Out & Buoyancy Control Workshop
- Barracuda at Darawan Hilltop Dining
- Experience for 2 Kayaking
PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa
The prize for the Winning Diver under the PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa Regional Headquarter is a dive vacation trip for two people to Sun Island Resort & Spa and Dive Oceanus in The Maldives. The details below will be provided for the Winning Diver and Winning Diver’s guest. (A minor Winning Diver must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.) PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa will cover the price of airfare up to $1,000 US per person.
7 nights Stay voucher:
- 7 Nights Stay for 2 people
- Full Board Meal plan
- One Superior Beach Bungalow
- Round Trip Domestic Air Transfer for 2 people included
- Green tax (US$6 per person per night) and other Extras Chargeable
- Stay Valid From: 1st May – 30th September 2020
Booking confirmation subject to availability of rooms. Please contact directly with the resort reservations via Email: [email protected], with a copy (cc) to [email protected], Telephone: +960 660 0088.
- 3 Dives daily by boat per person
- 1 House reef dive daily per person
- 1 Whale Shark snorkelling per person
- Inclusive of full equipment
- Stay Valid From: 1st May – 30th September 2020
Terms and Conditions: Trip must be taken between 1 May and 30 September 2020, or trip will be forfeited. Trip must be booked through PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa Regional Headquarter within 90 days of Winner notification. Excludes holidays. There is no cash value for this prize, and no substitution of prize is permitted.
Exclusions: Incidental expenses such as phone, internet, mini-bar, room service, movie rental, alcoholic beverages, additional meals and snacks, tips and gratuities are Winner and Winning Diver’s guest responsibility.
Tips and gratuities for all experiences are not included and are Winner’s and Winning Diver’s guest responsibility.
Divers receiving the 1,200th Master Scuba Diver certification in PADI Americas, 1,000th Master Scuba Diver certification in PADI Europe, Middle East, Egypt and Africa and 800th Master Scuba Diver certification issued by PADI Asia Pacific, respectively, during the Challenge promotion period will win. Winners are solely responsible for all tax liabilities. Winners will be notified by email and telephone at the address and phone number provided. PADI is not responsible for lost or misdirected or Winners' postage-due mail. PADI or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain errors, without liability, at their sole discretion.
If for any reason any aspect of the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor then reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge or any aspect thereof, or invalidate any affected entries. The Sponsor reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Sponsor, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, all vacation prize providers and each of their respective subsidiaries, participating vendors, affiliates, suppliers and their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents, successors and assistants (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Each entrant and/or winners, along with their guests, waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
This Challenge shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, exclusive of its choice of laws' principles. The California State courts of Orange County or the United States District Court for the Southern District of California shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over any dispute arising out of or relating to this Challenge.
If any part of these Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect.
Product names and trademarks referred to in these Official Rules belong to the applicable brand trademark holders and prize providers.