Originally from Colorado, USA, Justin Carmack left home to travel the world. His first stop was to get PADI Open Water certified on Mozambique, which changed his life forever. Around that time he started the popular scuba travel blog, TrueNomads.com, where he documents all the places in the world he explores underwater.
With the help of his readers and a lot of hardcore divers around the globe, he created a list of the top 100 dive locations in the world. Justin made it his mission to document each and every one, and to show the world his passion for the ocean. Since starting this ambitious goal, and the video logs to document the locations, he has been interviewed and featured in many notable publications, news sources and on live TV.
Justin has quickly become an authority in scuba travel. He travels the world in partnership with brands and tourism boards to promote scuba diving tourism in places such as Kenya, Philippines, Mexico, Egypt and more.
“It is my mission to experience all of the best dive sites in the world, and show as many people as I can how amazing scuba diving can be,” Justin says.
- Created one of the most popular scuba travel blogs in the world, with hundreds of thousands of readers a month
- Became a PADI Divemaster, as well as an ambassador for PADI, DAN and other brands
- Has traveled to 89 countries on six continents to promote diving
- Recently created a popular video series documenting each location he dives
- Dived 30 of his top 100 dive locations in the world (and many others)
- Created a series of dive videos regularly featured on PADI TV, Scuba Diver magazine and many other dive brands on Instagram