Born in the hometown of Jules Verne, the author of "20,000 Leagues under the sea", Florine developed a serious travelling and scuba diving addiction after a childhood along the Atlantic Ocean. With hundreds of dives from Thailand to Mexico, and from Scotland to Argentina, Florine is ticking off scuba diving specialties: PADI Deep Diver, PADI Dry Suit Diver, PADI Enriched Air Diver, PADI Wreck Diver and PADI Ice Diver. Today she dives in tropical to extreme cold waters, selecting her destinations when both adventure diving and cultural discoveries are part of the journey. She shares her best tips about diving and travelling the world without breaking the bank on her dive travel blog worldadventuredivers.com. As a renewable energy engineer who has been working for 10 years on climate change counter solutions, she wants now to use her blog as a medium to also inspire scuba divers to travel in a more responsible way: by reducing the carbon and plastic footprint but also by experiencing destinations like a local with the locals.
- 2007 - Graduated as a mechanical engineer specialised in renewable energy after living 1 year in Canada between Ontario and Quebec
- 2009 - Became a PADI Open Water diver during her first solo backpacking trip through Thailand and Cambodia
- 2010 - Launched World Adventure Divers group on Facebook the day after coming back from a one-month backpacking trip to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize
- 2012 - Set up worldadventuredivers.com travel blog during a jetlagged all-nighter in Singapore on her way to a one-month solo backpacking trip to Indonesia
- 2013 - Became a PADI Divemaster in Koh Tao, Thailand and then fell in love with cold water diving in Ushuaia during a one-month solo backpacking trip to Argentina
- 2014 - Moved to Edinburgh and took the opportunity of a 2-year expat contract to scuba dive all around Scotland including swimming with basking sharks
- 2018 - Became a PADI AmbassaDiver