Born and raised on a small island in the Pacific, Chelsea Yamase grew up with a strong sense that water is home and believes we are privileged to explore and care for it as such. Her mission is to live simply, explore often and consume mindfully.
Chelsea is a recreational freediver, scuba diver, surfer and all-around outdoor enthusiast who has parlayed her many passions into a job shooting outdoor videos and photos. As a PADI AmbassaDiver™, she strives to make diving feel like an inclusive community where good habits, playfulness, freedom and ocean advocacy all coexist.
She believes art is a universal language and hopes the imagery she is a part of inspires a love and mindfulness of our underwater world. She magnifies her message on @chelseakauai, where she shares her life and thoughts with an audience of a half a million people.
Her recent projects include work with Google, Canon USA and the Four Seasons Resorts.
- Sharing her love of diving with the world and seeing the joy it brings
- Becoming a PADI AmbassaDiver
- Traveling to more than 20 countries and diving in 10 of them in 2017
- Being named one of the top 100 most influential travel accounts in the world by Business Insider
- Freediving and scuba diving The Great Blue Hole in Belize
- Passing 100-foot depth while freediving, and exceeding four minutes static