The Tec Trimix Instructor Course
Tec Deep Instructors provide the most comprehensive technical instruction available. If you are both a Tec Deep Instructor and Tec Trimix Diver, then the Tec Trimix Instructor trainer course is for you.
The Fun Part
Explore the outer edges of technical deep diving.
What You Learn
The PADI Trimix Diver Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving instruction with helium gas mixes.
What You Can Teach
As a Tec Trimix Instructor you'll be one of the elite who can teach the Tec Trimix Diver. During the course you'll learn how to teach diving at the cutting edge depth of 75 metres/247 feet to 91 metres/300 feet.
The Scuba Gear You'll Use
You use technical scuba gear, which typically uses two to four or five regulators, a dive computer, and some accessories. You can locate most items at your local dive shop.
Additional equipment requirements include:
- Double cylinders (minimum 12 l/70 cf each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two metre/seven foot hose (approx.) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware
Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Dive watch and backup timing device
- Trimix decompression information (tables/trimix computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If students will use dry suits, they should be trained/experienced with their use in recreational and technical diving prior to using them for trimix training or diving.)
- Argon dry suit inflation or other inflation system as needed (students should not inflate dry suit with trimix)
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practice preferred)
- Dive knife / cutting device and backup
Backup mask (optional)
- Dive lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
The Learning Materials You'll Need
Available products for the Tec Trimix Instructor:
- Tec Trimix Lesson Guides CD-Rom (product no. 70864)
- Tec Trimix Instructor Guide with binder (product no. 70430)
- Tec Trimix Instructor Cue Cards (product no. 60401)
To enroll in the PADI Tec Trimix Instructor Training course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or higher level PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor or have successfully completed the PADI Tec Deep Instructor Training Course including the instructor examinations.
- Be certified as a PADI Tec Trimix Diver or have a qualifying full trimix certification from another agency. (Contact your PADI Office for information about qualifying certifications)
- Have a minimum of 200 logged dives, with at leat 20 technical decompression dives requiring at least one stage/deco cylinder. Of these, at least 10 must have been made deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix.