PADI Business Member Benefits in the PADI International Ltd Region
With PADI as your training partner, you get the full support of the strongest training organization. Your PADI International Ltd Region team offers tremendous tools and support to help you succeed with your dream:
Full Business Support
Group Activities & Assistance
PADI: The World’s Most Popular System of Scuba Diving Lessons
Enjoy Immediate Brand Recognition
- Nondivers, certified scuba divers and scuba diving leaders seek the PADI brand name more than any other.
- PADI Professionals, PADI courses and PADI instructional materials are the most sought after in the scuba diving industry. This means that as a PADI Business Member, you enjoy immediate market recognition by advertising your status as a PADI Dive Shop or Resort.
- Get your store listing in front of an average of 92,000 unique visitors on the PADI Dive Shop Locator
- From your storefront, to your signage, to your scuba lessons, PADI supports you with the tools you need to succeed.
- PADI’s innovative eLearning system gives you more flexibility in training student scuba divers and allows you to expand your perimeter online to reach even more new customers.
Get the Training System
Between the core scuba lessons, more than 25 specialties and a professional development path, you’ll find that working with a proven, successful training system positively affects your growth.
- Ample opportunities for continuing education courses increase course revenue, travel participation and equipment.
- Surveys show that PADI scuba divers who take continuing education courses purchase double the equipment of entry-level scuba divers.
- The PADI educational system helps your bottom line by helping your customers enjoy the underwater world more.
Back to Top
Unique Listing and Exposure in the Dive Shop Locator at padi.com
As a PADI Dive Centre or Resort member, your business is listed in the PADI Dive Shop Locator at www.padi.com. This directory is one of the most-visited sections within PADI’s website, which currently receives more than 1.6 million page views monthly, and therefore provides you with unrivalled exposure to both International and Domestic markets alike.
- Your business name, address, phone, and fax numbers are displayed as a matter of course, together with a logo denoting your membership level, an outline of courses currently provided at your centre, and a link to allow browsers to eMail you with a single click
- If your website has a link to padi-dot-com under a suitable PADI Mark, we can also provide a reciprocal link to your home page (or any other landing page within your website), directly from your entry in the Dive Centres and Resorts list – thereby providing an opportunity to maximize the effectiveness of your virtual shop door, and protecting the investment you may have made already in setting up your website
- Further opportunities also exist for you to enhance the appearance of your entry, and to customize a wide range of additional information about your centre and its facilities – making your centre and staff instantly more familiar to new customers, and more approachable for new divers in particular, who may be otherwise nervous about entering an unfamiliar store
The PADI Dive Centre and Resorts list is the prime resource used by new divers looking to take up the sport of recreational scuba diving, existing divers wanting to add to their skill sets, travelers searching for vacation opportunities and inspiration, and buyers adding to or upgrading the equipment in their dive bags. In short, your entry in this list represents one of the most powerful and cost-effective marketing tools available to dive businesses today.
Back to Top
Powerful Marketing Campaigns & Programs
As a PADI Member, you benefit from the most innovative and proven marketing campaigns in the scuba diving industry, which help drive customers through your doors.
Each year PADI provides a comprehensive kit with tools to help dive shops and resorts promote these core marketing campaigns. Tools vary from in store graphics to promotional items created to reach out to new and existing customers. Ask your PADI Regional Manager or Sales Consultant about current promotional programmes, tools and kits which may be available from time to time.
PADI’s Business Training programs help you learn more about implementing these campaigns and best practices that have worked for successful store owners.
The marketing campaigns are designed to support the three top initiatives that make a successful scuba diving operation:
- New Diver Acquisition
- Diver Retention & Continuing Education
- Creating a Go PRO Profit Centre
New Diver Acquisition Campaigns
Diver Retention and Continuing Education Campaigns
Go PRO Campaign:
Back to Top
Customizable Online Shopping Cart, Full eCommerce Solution
Your dive shop or resort needs a strong website that allows customers to buy from you. PADI highly recommends an exclusive online package developed by Integrated Scuba Systems (ISSYS) that allows you to:
Build and maintain a user friendly website:
- Utilize beautiful, professionally designed web page templates that you can customize and use immediately without any knowledge of HTML coding.
- Write text and upload images as easily as if you’re working on a Microsoft Word Document.
- scuba gear and learning materials
- real-time course bookings
- charters and dive trips
Reach out to customers with:
- Targeted, customized, automatic emails. You set the trigger event parameters however you like for birthdays, service reminders, completion of certification, etc.
- Text messaging (SMS)
- Customizable and professionally designed eNewsletter templates and more!
Contact Integrated Scuba Systems to learn how to start your PADI Dive Shop or Resort with a tremendous foundation—both online and in-store!
Back to Top
Point-of-Sale, Customer Relationship Management Software
Specifically developed for the dive industry by Integrated Scuba Systems, the Electronic Virtual Employee – EVE5 software-gives you a comprehensive tool to manage every aspect of a single or multistore enterprise including:
- Point of sale software
- Direct upload for student information to the PADI PIC Online System
- Manage customer relationships: birthdays, course history, rental history, inventory
- Rental and service bookings
- Employee scheduling
- Get Organized! This software works seamlessly with EVE Online to give you the ability to manage your inventory, website and online shopping cart all in real-time—and you can do it remotely from anywhere!
EVE is perhaps the single most comprehensive customer relations management (CRM) and business development tool available, and is also available exclusively to PADI IRRA members; contact Integrated Scuba Systems to learn how to implement this sophisticated and highly effective enhancement to your business..
Contact Integrated Scuba Systems to learn how to implement this customer relationship and inventory management tool.
Back to Top
Unparalleled Customer Service and Business Consultation
As a PADI Member, you receive an unparalleled level of customer service and business consultation. With the largest staff of Regional Managers and specialized business consultants in the dive industry, you enjoy personalized attention to meet all of your business goals.
PADI customer service professionals provide dedicated consultants in specialized departments of PADI International Ltd, as well as representation from Project AWARE Foundation. So, whether it’s providing advice, recommendations or support, as your partner, PADI staff will help find the answers you need.
Your PADI Regional Manager
- All PADI Regional Managers (RMs) have worked in the dive industry for many years – several previously owned or managed dive shops – and are well versed on PADI training programs and products.
Working for PADI Members is their full time job.
- They don’t represent other dive industry brands, so when they visit you, their sole focus is helping you increase profits through channels best suited for your customer base.
Your PADI Regional Manager’s goal is to create a solid foundation on which to build long-term, successful relationship with you based on trust and respect. Your Regional Manager is there to:
- Support your dive operation with evaluation, advice and solutions.
- Help you find and implement new ways to provide a high value to your customers.
- Help you identify member benefits, which can help you succeed with specific aspects of your business development.
- Help you establish timelines and focus appropriate resources (both inside and outside of the PADI family).
- Consult with you and give you an objective measure against which you can evaluate results.
Back to Top
Business Training for PADI Dive Shop Owners and Managers
PADI’s committed to helping you work smarter, not harder through Business of Diving workshops and other scuba diving shop and resort management programs. These programs are developed specifically for you, an owner or manager of a PADI Dive Shop or Resort.
PADI Webinars – Bringing the Business of Diving to You
Time away from your daily duties for a new or established dive shop or resort may seem unrealistic. PADI built an educational system to bring the show to you – you don’t even have to leave your dive center or resort (if you don’t want). Take the opportunity to expand your business IQ and see how your colleagues are tackling similar challenges that you may have. You can sign up in the PADI Pros Site:
IRRA Forum 2008 Webinar
- The IRRA Forum series was originated to bring important business development tools to dive centers, while encouraging peer discussions on what works in a dive operation. The IRRA Forum 2008 Webinar emphasizes
Current shifts in our industry markets and how to reach out to them.
- How to identify and capitalize on your audience.
- How to integrate your staff in recognizing shifts in trends and how to take advantage of them.
- Participation to let you hear and talk with fellow PADI Members nationwide in these live webinars.
The Business of eCommerce 101
- Make your website do better and earn more. With this webinar you’ll be introduced to a total solution to running your business online. In just an hour, you’ll learn how to:
Easily create and update your website’s content.
- Learn SEO and SEM strategies to drive more targeted traffic to your website.
- Sell your products, services and courses via EVE 5 Online.
- Use beautifully designed email templates and automated emails to drive more people back into your store, using EVE 5.
This workshop is what you’ve been looking for. It’s a must attend for every PADI dive shop owner and manager.
PADI eLearning: Setting Up and Using Your PADI Virtual Classroom
- An exclusive benefit to PADI Dive Centers and Resorts, the PADI eLearning system is the easiest way to attract new scuba divers. You learn:
How to access and set up your virtual classroom.
- How to position eLearning on your website for maximum success.
- How students progress through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
- What to do after your eLearners have completed the online portion of the course.
Maximizing Your Profit Potential with PADI eLearning
- Don’t miss out on opportunities to connect with a captive audience. The PADI eLearning system is drawing in more new scuba divers than ever. This webinar will show you:
How to keep your eLearners informed about your activities, promotions and events using the communication tools.
- How your online instructors can assist and support your eLearners.
- How to track student diver progress with activity reports.
- The importance of interacting with eLearners before, during and after the online sessions.
- How to integrate eLearning into your ongoing training programs.
Back to Top
Public Forums – Local Opportunities to Network with fellow PADI Members
Offered in all PADI International Ltd regions and presented by a PADI staff member (frequently the PADI Regional Manager), these programs provide you with general tools and are a great opportunity to network with fellow PADI Members.
Member Forum 2008
- Recharge your battery at Member Forum 2008 as you hear fellow PADI Professionals tell their stories about why they chose to Go PRO™. This two-hour seminar
Takes you through an important risk management presentation.
- Strengthens your teaching skills with an interactive training Q&A session.
- Offers a handout that gives you ideas on how to boost your certifications using existing marketing campaigns and other tools available to you.
DEMA Show 2008
The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) holds an annual show for dive industry professionals. The show is an opportunity for instructors and dive center owners to see and hear about new information about new products, programs and trends that lead into the following year.
Every year, PADI Members and office staff get to interact, meet face to face and learn. PADI Americas offers educational opportunities that vary from instructor development to business development. This show launches new products or initiatives for the following year, and allows you to meet with your fellow PADI Professionals and PADI Office staff face to face.
Prescriptive Programs – In-store and In-person
Offered by PADI Regional Managers and tailored to individual dive shops and resorts, prescriptive programs focus on implementing specific business practices based on the store's current course offerings, plans and goals. Currently available for 2008:
Business of Digital Underwater Photography
- This program provides you and your staff with the tools to effectively market and sell the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. The workshop
Reviews course content.
- Focuses on how you can effectively teach the program and provide the necessary equipment.
As a prescriptive program, the course revolves around questions from participants.
Business of Instructor Development: Creating a Go PRO Profit Center
- This workshop helps you and your management staff
Create and market a professional development program.
Guide and focus the efforts of individuals looking to become PADI Professionals/
This workshop content is specifically tailored in this prescriptive program to the needs of your staff and store.
Business of Continuing Education
- This program helps you leverage the time you spend with divers so you promote and teach more continuing education courses in less time. This workshop shows you how to
Optimally organize course staff scheduling.
- Make continuing education fun and exciting for students.
- Ultimately earn more income by keeping your customers excited about diving.
Back to Top
Risk Management, Insurance and Legal Assistance
As a PADI Member, you have access to the scuba diving industry’s most comprehensive insurance programs. These programs provide specialized coverage for dive shops, resorts, dive boats and scuba instructors/supervisors. Additionally, you have the confidence that comes from the scuba diving industry’s most successful legal defence team – one more way PADI is focused on providing you the best customer service and support.
Back to Top
Certification Processing and Other Online Services
As a PADI Member, you have one of the scuba diving industry’s most efficient scuba certification processes because you can submit PADI scuba certifications through PIC Online.
PIC Online eliminates any mail delays and gets PADI scuba certification cards into your customers’ hands faster.
This efficiency extends to other online services such as Pro Chek, Dive Chek and PIC tracking helping you to instantly:
- Verify staff member qualifications.
- Confirm PADI Scuba Diver certification.
- Verify processing status for submitted scuba certifications.
These online services let you check or confirm information online, which gets you back to your business quicker. PADI also uses innovative technology for other services such as job openings, Member Updates and event calendars.
Certification cards come with your facility name printed on them!
As a bonus benefit, student certification cards for PADI IRRA members come with the centre name printed on them, and Five Star members can even have their web address included!
Back to Top
Go Green with Project AWARE Foundation
Founded by PADI, and now a standalone charity/not-for-profit organization, Project AWARE Foundation (Aquatic World Awareness, Responsibility and Education) is the centerpiece in PADI’s commitment to protecting and preserving the underwater world. Project AWARE promotes aquatic environment conservation through education, advocacy and action.
By promoting and participating in Project AWARE events, accessing and distributing Project AWARE materials and encouraging scuba divers to responsibly explore the underwater world, you show your customers your commitment to preserving our aquatic resources.
Back to Top
Get Divers Actively Scuba Diving with the PADI Diving Society
The PADI Diving Society is a global dive club that gives scuba divers incentives to take dive trips. PADI Diving Society members receive a subscription to Sport Diver magazine and a handbook with discounts on scuba gear, travel and more. The PADI Diving Society is an excellent tool to help keep divers active with your dive operation, and by offering unique benefits to PADI Diving Society members through your centre, you gain additional exposure to over 200,000 active, committed and enthusiastic divers world-wide, as well as providing your staff with excellent up-sale opportunities – all at no direct cost. Ask your PADI team for details of how to register your PADI Diving Society benefits, and start speaking to this pre-qualified audience.
Back to Top
Save on Sport Diver Advertising Rates
Sport Diver magazine reaches every new diver in the UK , and you can reach this pre-qualified audience of scuba divers and underwater enthusiasts through advertising in Sport Diver magazine. As a PADI IRRA member, you also receive excellent savings on advertising rates when displaying PADI branding in your advertisements; check out the savings available to you, then contact Sport Diver to reserve your space.
5% Savings offered to all:
• PADI Dive
• PADI Dive Resorts
• PADI Recreational Facilities
• PADI Dive Boat operators
10% Savings offered to all:
• PADI Five Star Dive Centers
• PADI Five Star Instructor Development Centers
• PADI Five Star Dive Resorts
• PADI Five Star Instructor Development Dive Resorts
For rates and space reservations contact Sport Diver magazine at +44 (0)1799-544224
Back to Top
Save on The Undersea Journal Advertising Rates
In addition, PADI provides a number of communication vehicles to promote your messages, such as advertising in The Undersea Journal (PADI’s professional quarterly trade publication) at reduced rates.
Also, all resort and dive shop members are listed on one of the most visited websites in the scuba diving industry – padi.com.
Back to Top
Clear the Air with Trace Analytics Inc.
PADI Dive Shops and Resorts have been receiving special discount rates from Trace Analytics for more than 10 years. Trace Analytics continues to support PADI Dive Centers and Resorts in staying compliant with compressed gas quality standards. Take a look at the discounted offers listed below and give them a call today.
Never wait for a sampling kit again. By Purchasing the AirChek Kit, you can schedule your quarterly air test when it’s convenient for you. With just five easy steps you can have your 3 ounce compressed air sample on its way to the Trace Analytics laboratory. Your results will be returned within three business days. And, if for some reason your test fails, Trace Analytics allows a free retest within 30 days.
• Price: $150.00 US
• Air Tests: $35.00 US each for 3 years, guaranteed
o $5.00 US increase after the third year
• Lifetime warranty and money back guarantee
Contact Trace Analytics, Inc. for great savings today:
Phone: 800 247 1024 or +1 512 263 0000, ext. 3
Fax: 512 263 0002
Back to Top
Offer your staff and students custom scuba diving wear with PADI Gear. A wide array of choices is available for order from shirts to bags and accessories. PADI Gear is a full service embroidery and screenprinting establishment ready to customize your order. Add a PADI logo or even your own logo, PADI Gear can also help design a logo for your dive shop if you don’t have one already. While custom orders may take a little extra time, all standard orders take a maximum of three business days to turn-around.
Visit www.padigear.com today or call 800 368 0293 (US & Canada) or +1 925 215 4938 to order your gear today!
If you’re looking for stylish PADI branded accessories, look no further than Bluecando.
With over 100 different products in the range there's a huge choice and each one has been carefully selected for its originality and quality of manufacture. From key rings and name badges, to soft leather wallets and document cases, every single item within the range meets the highest standards. Functional and practical, every product has been designed for the diving market and they've got great style too.
Blue Can Do products are available to all divers and industry professionals within PADI International Ltd's (PIL) territory.
Visit www.bluecando.co.uk to check out the range and to place your order.
Back to Top