PADI Business Member Benefits in the Asia Pacific Region
With PADI as your training partner, you get the full support of the strongest training organization. Your PADI Asia Pacific team offers tremendous tools and support to help you succeed with your dream:
Full Business Support
Group Activities & Assistance
PADI: The World’s Most Popular System of Scuba Diving Lessons
Enjoy Immediate Brand Recognition
- Nondivers, certified scuba divers and scuba diving leaders seek the PADI brand name more than any other.
- PADI Professionals, PADI courses and PADI instructional materials are the most sought after in the scuba diving industry. This means that as a PADI Business Member, you enjoy immediate market recognition by advertising your status as a PADI Dive Shop or Resort.
- From your storefront, to your signage, to your scuba lessons, PADI supports you with the tools you need to succeed.
- As a PADI Dive Center or Resort member your business is listed in and linked from the PADI Dive Shop Locator on padi.com. The PADI website receives more than 1.6 million monthly page views, of which your website will benefit from this target audience—your potential customer base.
- PADI’s innovative eLearning system gives you more flexibility in training student scuba divers and allows you to expand your perimeter online to reach even more new customers.
Get the Training System
Between the core scuba lessons, more than 25 specialties and a professional development path, you’ll find that working with a proven, successful training system positively affects your growth.
- Ample opportunities for continuing education courses increase course revenue, travel participation and equipment.
- Surveys show that PADI scuba divers who take continuing education courses purchase double the equipment of entry-level scuba divers.
- The PADI educational system helps your bottom line by helping your customers enjoy the underwater world more.
Back to Top
Powerful Marketing Campaigns & Programs
As a PADI Member, you benefit from the most innovative and proven marketing campaigns in the scuba diving industry, which help drive customers through your doors.
Each year PADI provides a comprehensive kit with tools to help dive shops and resorts promote these core marketing campaigns . Tools vary from in store graphics to promotional items created to reach out to new and existing customers. You will receive this year’s kit (no charge) when you place your start-up order with your PADI Regional Manager or Sales Consultant.
PADI’s Business Training programs help you learn more about implementing these campaigns and best practices that have worked for successful store owners.
- The marketing campaigns are designed to support the three top initiatives that make a successful scuba diving operation:
New Diver Acquisition
- Diver Retention & Continuing Education
- Creating a Go PRO Profit Center
New Diver Acquisition Campaigns
- Top Achievers Recognition program
- Online Courses via PADI eLearning
Diver Retention and Continuing Education Campaigns
- Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Specialty of the Month
Go PRO Campaign:
Back to Top
Customizable Online Shopping Cart, Full eCommerce Solution
Your dive shop or resort needs a strong website that allows customers to buy from you. PADI highly recommends an exclusive online package developed by Integrated Scuba Systems (ISSYS) that allows you to:
Build and maintain a user friendly website:
- Utilize beautiful, professionally designed web page templates that you can customize and use immediately without any knowledge of HTML coding.
- Write text and upload images as easily as if you’re working on a Microsoft Word Document.
- scuba gear and learning materials
- real-time course bookings
- charters and dive trips
Reach out to customers with:
- Targeted, customized, automatic emails. You set the trigger event parameters however you like for birthdays, service reminders, completion of certification, etc.
- Text messaging (SMS)
- Customizable and professionally designed eNewsletter templates and more!
Contact Integrated Scuba Systems to learn how to start your PADI Dive Shop or Resort with a tremendous foundation—both online and in-store!
Back to Top
Point-of-Sale, Customer Relationship Management Software
Specifically developed for the dive industry by Integrated Scuba Systems, the Electronic Virtual Employee – EVE5 software-gives you a comprehensive tool to manage every aspect of a single or multistore enterprise including:
- Point of sale software
- Direct upload for student information to the PADI PIC Online System
- Manage customer relationships: birthdays, course history, rental history, inventory
- Rental and service bookings
- Employee scheduling
- Get Organized! This software works seamlessly with EVE Online to give you the ability to manage your inventory, website and online shopping cart all in real-time—and you can do it remotely from anywhere!
Contact Integrated Scuba Systems to learn how to implement this customer relationship and inventory management tool.
Back to Top
Unparalleled Customer Service and Business Consultation
PADI provide dedicated consultants in specialized departments of PADI Asia Pacific, as well as representation from Project AWARE Foundation. So, whether it’s providing advice, recommendations or support, as your partner, PADI staff will help find the answers you need.
Your PADI Regional Manager
All PADI Regional Managers (RMs) have worked in the dive industry for many years – several previously owned or managed dive shops – and are well versed on PADI training programs and products.
- Working for PADI Members is their full time job.
- They don’t represent other dive industry brands, so when they visit you, their sole focus is helping you increase profits through channels best suited for your customer base.
Your PADI Regional Manager’s goal is to create a solid foundation on which to build long-term, successful relationship with you based on trust and respect. Your Regional Manager is there to:
- Support your dive operation with evaluation, advice and solutions.
- Help you find and implement new ways to provide a high value to your customers.
- Help you establish timelines and focus appropriate resources (both inside and outside of the PADI family).
- Consult with you and give you an objective measure against which you can evaluate results.
Back to Top
Business Training for PADI Dive Shop Owners and Managers
PADI’s committed to helping you work smarter, not harder through Business of Diving workshops and other scuba diving shop and resort management programs. These programs are developed specifically for you, an owner or manager of a PADI Dive Shop or Resort.
‘Business Solutions – Selling the Lifestyle’
PADI Asia Pacific is excited to introduce the ‘Business Solutions – Selling the Lifestyle’ seminars. As an added Membership benefit, all PADI Members are invited to attend the Business Solutions – Selling the Lifestyle seminar free of charge.
The Business Solutions – "Selling the Lifestyle" seminar is set to cover topics such as:
- The latest technology available to acquire new customers
- Fellow Dive Centre owners sharing their secrets of success
- Work smarter, not harder – let the tools do the work for you
- How to maximise new business through your website
- Generate more income using the latest technology
- A total solution to running your business online
- Store layout and visual merchandising
- Training your staff to meet customer expectations
PADI Webinars – Bringing the Business of Diving to You
Time away from your daily duties for a new or established dive shop or resort may seem unrealistic. PADI built an educational system to bring the show to you – you don’t even have to leave your dive center or resort (if you don’t want). Take the opportunity to expand your business IQ and see how your colleagues are tackling similar challenges that you may have. You can sign up in the PADI Pros Site:
PADI eLearning: Setting Up and Using Your PADI Virtual Classroom
- An exclusive benefit to PADI Dive Centers and Resorts, the PADI eLearning system is the easiest way to attract new scuba divers. You learn:
How to access and set up your virtual classroom.
- How to position eLearning on your website for maximum success.
- How students progress through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
- What to do after your eLearners have completed the online portion of the course.
Maximizing Your Profit Potential with PADI eLearning
- Don’t miss out on opportunities to connect with a captive audience. The PADI eLearning system is drawing in more new scuba divers than ever. This webinar will show you:
How to keep your eLearners informed about your activities, promotions and events using the communication tools.
- How your online instructors can assist and support your eLearners.
- How to track student diver progress with activity reports.
- The importance of interacting with eLearners before, during and after the online sessions.
- How to integrate eLearning into your ongoing training programs.
Public Forums – Local Opportunities to Network with fellow PADI Members
Offered in all PADI Americas regions and presented by a PADI staff member (frequently the PADI Regional Manager), these programs provide you with general tools and are a great opportunity to network with fellow PADI Members.
- Recharge your battery at Member Forum as you hear fellow PADI Professionals tell their stories about why they chose to Go PRO™. This two-hour seminar
Takes you through an important risk management presentation.
- Strengthens your teaching skills with an interactive training Q&A session.
- Offers a handout that gives you ideas on how to boost your certifications using existing marketing campaigns and other tools available to you.
Back to Top
Prescriptive Programs – In-store and In-person
Offered by PADI Regional Managers and tailored to individual dive shops and resorts, prescriptive programs focus on implementing specific business practices based on the store's current course offerings, plans and goals. Currently available for 2008:
Business of Digital Underwater Photography
- This program provides you and your staff with the tools to effectively market and sell the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. The workshop
Reviews course content.
- Focuses on how you can effectively teach the program and provide the necessary equipment.
As a prescriptive program, the course revolves around questions from participants.
Back to Top
Risk Management, Insurance and Legal Assistance
As a PADI Member, you have access to the scuba diving industry’s most comprehensive insurance programs – provided by an A+ (Superior) XV rated US insurance company serving the scuba diving industry. These programs provide specialized coverage for dive shops, resorts, dive boats and scuba instructors/supervisors. Additionally, you have the confidence that comes from the scuba diving industry’s most successful legal defense team – one more way PADI is focused on providing you the best customer service and support.
Back to Top
Certification Processing and Other Online Services
As a PADI Member, you have one of the scuba diving industry’s most efficient scuba certification processes because you can submit PADI scuba certifications through PIC Online.
PIC Online eliminates any mail delays and gets PADI scuba certification cards into your customers’ hands faster.
This efficiency extends to other online services such as:
- Pro Chek, Dive Chek and PIC tracking let you
Verify staff member qualifications.
- Confirm PADI Scuba Diver certification.
- Verify processing status for submitted scuba certifications.
These online services let you check or confirm information online, which gets you back to your business quicker. PADI also uses innovative technology for other services such as job openings, Member Updates and event calendars.
Certification cards come with your facility name printed on them!
Back to Top
Go Green with Project AWARE
Project AWARE Foundation, a registered non-profit environmental organization, works in direct partnership with divers and water enthusiasts to conserve underwater environments through education, advocacy and action.
By promoting and participating in Project AWARE’s conservation initiatives you show your commitment to preserving our aquatic resources including: underwater cleanups; Coral Reef Conservation, Monitoring and Data Collection; Shark Education; Environmental Training for Divers; and Education Programs for Kids.
Project AWARE relies on fundraising and donations to sustain its educational programs, campaigns and grants.
Back to Top
See More with PADI Travel Network
PADI Travel Network is the dedicated travel resource for PADI Americas Resorts and Dive Shops and that means you have the support you need to offer a successful travel program for scuba diving trips from the day you open your operation. PADI Travel Network staff members take great pride in offering a flexible scuba diving travel program, whether you’re looking for help with a large group or a single individual, they’ve got you covered. As a PADI Member, you’ll enjoy many benefits including, but not limited to:
- How to Sell Dive Travel video on DVD (a walk through all the important basics for setting up and growing a successful program for scuba diving trips.)
- Full Commissions on Every Booking. PADI Members receive a 10 percent commission on all hotel and scuba diving arrangements.
- Premier Account Program starting at just $50,000 US in sales
- The three-tiered premier account program includes advance notice of all PADI Travel Network Specials and customized support for in-store travel sales.
Silver: $50,000 US in sales = one percent override
Gold: $100,000 US in sales = two percent override
Platinum: $250,000 US in sales = three percent override
- Errors and Omissions Insurance. Any PADI Dive Shop or Resort booking travel through PADI Travel Network receives automatic Errors and Omissions Insurance coverage valued in excess of $5000 US.
- Customizable travel flyers available via the Pros’ Site at padi.com
Highlight two or three trips on one flyer.
Input the information you want your customers to have then print.
- A link to current travel specials you can place on your website
Let your customers come to you first for travel options by making all specials available on your own website.
Contact PADI Travel Network today to start your travel program. Call 800 729 7234 (US & Canada) or +1 949 858 7234, ext. 2555 or email email@example.com.
Back to Top
Get Divers Actively Scuba Diving with the PADI Diving Society
The PADI Diving Society is a global dive club that gives scuba divers incentives to take dive trips. PADI Diving Society members receive a subscription to Scuba Diver AustralAsia magazine and a handbook with discounts on scuba gear, travel and more. PADI Diving Society is an excellent tool to help keep divers active with your dive operation.
Back to Top
Save on Scuba Diver AustralAsia Advertising Rates
As a PADI Member you have the advantage to reach more than 200,000 scuba divers and water enthusiasts through the pages of Scuba Diver AustralAsia magazine. You receive excellent savings on advertising rates. Check out the savings available to you, then contact Scuba Diver AustralAsia to reserve your space.
5% Savings offered to all:
- PADI Dive Centers
- PADI Dive Resorts
- PADI Recreational Facilities
10% Savings offered to all:
- PADI Five Star Dive Centers
- PADI Five Star Instructor Development Centers
- PADI Five Star Dive Resorts
- PADI Five Star Instructor Development Dive Resorts
For rates and space reservations contact Scuba Diver AustralAsia magazine at +65 6298 3241
Back to Top
Save on The Undersea Journal Advertising Rates
In addition, PADI provides a number of communication vehicles to promote your messages, such as advertising in The Undersea Journal (PADI’s professional quarterly trade publication) at reduced rates.
Also, all resort and dive shop members are listed on one of the most visited websites in the scuba diving industry – padi.com.
Back to Top