The Micronesian Shark Foundation (MSF) and Fish'n Fins will host the 10th Annual Shark Week from 14-21 March 2012. During this educational event, divers can take part in an invigorating week with an informative lecture and movie series and amazing shark dives at some of Palau's most famous dive sites, including Blue Corner, Peleliu Corner and Shark City.
Every year, hundreds of grey reef sharks gather off Palau during their annual mating aggregation. Taking advantage of this special occurrence, the Micronesian Shark Foundation developed Shark Week in 2002. Now, ten years later, this event continues to attract divers, shark experts, conservation advocates and more from around the world.
Shark Week 2012 Highlights include:
- Shark dives - including new dives sites, shark counts and research
- New PADI Micronesian Shark Diver Distinctive Specialty course
- Informative evening lectures, movies and a closing gala dinner
- Commemorative Specialty Shark Week 2012 T-shirt and DVD
- A true local experience with delicacies, music and fun!
SOSF and MSF Shark Education in Micronesia:
Check out Micronesian Shark Foundation's recent efforts in Yap as they partnered with the Save our Seas Foundation (SOSF) to continue its pilot education program throughout the Micronesian region. Read all about it at the SOSF blog!
For Shark Week 2012 reservations or more information, contact PADI Travel Network at 800 736 7021 (US and Canada) or +1 407 937 0754.