Eligibility: 20 Millionth Diver Certification (“Contest”) is worldwide, open to all consumers who, during the Contest promotion, earn their PADI Open Water Diver certification, or earn one of the following continuing education certifications: Adventure Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, any PADI Specialty Diver Rating, or PADI Rescue Diver. Certification courses that offer Junior ratings also apply (“Entrants”). Employees, and family members of employees, of PADI Worldwide Corp. and all related and affiliate companies, globally, are not eligible for the Contest. Contest is void where restricted or otherwise prohibited by law. Entrants under the age of 18 years of age must have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to be declared a winner.
The diver issued the 20 Millionth Diver certification by PADI (“Winning Diver”) will win a trip for two to Australia.
The instructor certifying the Winning Diver will receive a trip for one to Australia. The instructor must be renewed for 2011, in Teaching status, and not have an open Quality Assurance issue at the time the training is completed.
If there is a PADI Dive Center or Resort member affiliated with the Winning Diver, the owner/operator will win a trip for one to Australia. The Dive Center or Resort must be renewed for 2011 and not have an open Quality Assurance issue at the time the training is completed.
General Rules and Conditions: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Winners (Winning Diver, instructor and/or Dive Center or Resort owner/operator) (“Winners”), and Winning Diver’s guest, will be required to sign and complete a Publicity Release & Affidavit of Eligibility, and a Liability Release, and return it to PADI within 30 days of notification, otherwise their prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant. Winners give PADI unlimited rights to use Winners’ names, pictures and likeness, globally, in advertising and publicity, without further compensation, where permitted by local law. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution of prize is permitted. PADI’s decision and selection of the Winners shall be final.
How to Enter: Divers - Enroll in, and complete, one or more of the above-listed qualifying PADI courses during the Contest promotion; Dive Center or Resort owner/operators and Instructors will automatically win upon their student receiving the 20 Millionth Diver certification issued by PADI. In the event there is not an affiliated Dive Center or Resort owner/operator, the Dive Center/Resort prize will not be awarded.
Contest Prize: The prize for the Winning Diver is a dive trip for two people to Queensland, Australia. The prize for each of the Dive Center or Resort owner/operator and the Instructor is a dive trip for one person to Queensland, Australia. The details below will be provided for 2 people for the Winning Diver, and for one person each for the winning Dive Center/Resort and Instructor:
- Round-trip coach airfare to Cairns, Australia including all taxes and fees; transfers to/ from aiport to hotel and to/from live-aboard are not included and are Winners' and Winning Diver's guest's responsibility
- Four night 2-person shared accommodation stay at a hotel resort in Cairns or Port Douglas, Australia (as decided by Sponsor Tourism Queensland), including taxes and fees. Incidental expenses such as phone, internet, mini-bar, room service, movie rental, meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, tips and gratuities, etc. will be Winners’ and Winning Diver’s guest’s responsibility
- 3 day / 3 night live-aboard Dive Adventure for on board the Spirit of Freedom to Cod Hole & Ribbon Reefs (Valued at AUS 1895.00 per person), to include:
- opportunity for up to 11 dives
- full equipment hire including dive computers
- double or twin share cabin with private bathroom
- chef prepared meals
- one hour low level reef flight, Lizard Island to Cairns
- levies and taxes
- Exclusions: incidental expenses such as alcoholic beverages, tips and
gratuities are Winners’ and Winning Diver’s guest’s responsibility
- Day trip to World Heritage Daintree Rainforest, the oldest rainforest in the world
- Cuddle a Koala Experience
- Aboriginal Cultural Experience
Tips and gratuities for all experiences are not included and are Winners’ and Winning Diver’s guest’s responsibility.
Winner Selection: Diver receiving 20 Millionth Diver certification issued by PADI will win. Winner is solely responsible for all tax liabilities. Winner will be notified by mail. PADI is not responsible for lost or misdirected or Winner’s postage due mail. PADI or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain errors, without liability, at their sole discretion. Trip must be taken within one year of Winner notification by PADI or trip will be forfeited. Trip must be booked through PADI within 45 days of Winner notification. Excludes holidays and certain blackout dates. There is no cash value for this prize, and no substitution of prize is permitted.