PADI Adventures in Diving Program
[Image –deep dive – Deep blue (on a wall?) perspective shot with diver shining light down]
Move up and experience real adventure with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Adventure Diver course. As you step beyond the PADI Open Water Diver level, you make five dives and have the opportunity to try some of diving’s most rewarding and useful specialty activities, such as deep diving, underwater photography, wreck diving and much more. These skills make diving much more than underwater sightseeing. Plus, the Advanced Open Water Diver course takes you one step closer to Master Scuba Diver – the ultimate non professional certification in recreational diving.
[Image – Wreck Dive – perspective shot]
In the Adventure Diver course, with your PADI Instructor you choose three additional from more than 15 Adventure Dives available to complete your course. For PADI Advanced Open Water, you complete three Adventure Dives as well as the deep and underwater navigation Adventure Dives. These dives boost your confidence as you build these foundational skills.You can go diving at night, check out the local wrecks in the area or even fly through the ocean on a diver propulsion vehicle – all during your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.
[Image – DPV]
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) and 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Number of dives: Three dives (Adventure Diver) or five dives (Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Adventures Dive options include altitude diving, AWARE-fish identification, boat diving, deep diving, diver propulsion vehicle use, drift diving, dry suit diving, multilevel and computer diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater nature study, underwater navigation, underwater photography, underwater videography and wreck diving.
- Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
- Materials: Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak, Adventures in Diving manual and video or Adventures in Diving Multimedia, and logbook
Move on to PADI Advanced Open Water Diver. Click here to get started along your path to adventure.
[Link to DCNR]