Who should take this course?
Diving beyond recreational depths with open-circuit technical gear has allowed tec divers to discover amazing wrecks and photograph never-before-seen organisms. Tec Deep Instructors contribute to deep exploration by training the next generation of tec divers. When you earn this rating, you can conduct Discover Tec programs and teach Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 Diver courses.
To enroll in a Tec Deep Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course.
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
Prior to sending in your Tec Deep Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor
- Be a Tec 50 Diver
- Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 Diver course or one Tec 45 Diver course
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Have certified a total of 10 or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor course exams.
- Meet a peer review waterskill requirement.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Instructor Trainer.
What will you learn?
If you aren’t a certified tec diver, then your instructor course will include the entire Tec 40, 45 and 50 Diver courses as necessary. In fact, the first part of the course makes sure you have a good grasp of the knowledge and skills required for technical deep diving. During the second part of the course, you practice conducting knowledge development, practical application and open water teaching segments. Your Tec Deep Instructor Trainer will also go over organization and marketing considerations for TecRec courses.
Become a Tec Deep Instructor:
- Enroll in a Tec Deep Instructor course at a PADI Dive Center or Resort that offers TecRec Instructor training.
- Visit the PADI TecRec Blog.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.